בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



12 Aug 2010

Hishtadlut and parnassah

Interesting reader's letter and discussion on Matzav about how much hishtadlut (effort) has to be made to attain one's parnassah (livelihood).
This morning I was engaged in conversation with a young man who is currently enrolled in a two year's plumber course. He told me that he knew someone who had invested years in learning law and is now making a very decent income in the plumbing business.
With the financial crisis, people are more aware about how little control we have regarding our income.
May we merit earning our livelihood in a respectable manner and with a job that leaves us time to learn Torah and spend quality time with our family.
I would write more, but I'm off to convince my husband to go back to yeshiva.

No comments:

Post a Comment