בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



10 Feb 2012

The First Commandment

Rick Moran has an article titled Air Force office removes 'God' from logo.

This week we read the Torah portion of Yitro, which contains the Ten Commandments. The first commandment is about Hashem.
Below is an email I received today - author unknown.
Click here for an article titled Aseres HaDibros - 10 Commandments In Krias Shema.

A Conversation With Hashem...
Me (in a tizzy) : Hashem, can I ask you something?

HASHEM: Sure.

Me: Promise you won't get mad?

HASHEM: I promise.

Me (frustrated): Why did you let so much stuff happen to me today?

HASHEM: What do you mean?

Me: Well I woke up late,

HASHEM: Yes

Me: My car took forever to start,

HASHEM: Okay....

Me (growling): At lunch, they made my sandwich wrong and I had to wait

HASHEM: Hmmmm..

Me: On the way home, my phone went dead, just as I picked up a call

HASHEM: All right

Me (loudly): And to top it all off, when I got home, I just wanted to soak my feet in my foot massager and relax, but it wouldn't work. Nothing went right today! Why did you do that?

HASHEM: Well let me see..... the death angel was at your bed this morning and I had to send one of the other angels to battle him for your life. I let you sleep through that.

Me (humbled): Oh...

HASHEM: I didn't let your car start because there was a drunk driver on your route that might have hit you if you were on the road

Me (ashamed): ............

HASHEM: The first person who made your sandwich today was sick and I didn't want you to catch what they have, I knew you couldn't afford to miss work

Me (embarrassed): Oh.....

HASHEM: Your phone went dead because the person that was calling was going to give a false witness about what you said on that call, I didn't even let you talk to them so you would be covered

Me (softly): I see Hashem

HASHEM: Oh and that foot massager, it had a short that was going to throw out all of the power in your house tonight. I didn't think you wanted to be in the dark.

Me: I'm sorry Hashem.

HASHEM: Don't be sorry, just learn to trust me.........in all things, the good and the bad

Me: I WILL trust you Hashem

HASHEM: And don't doubt that my plan for your day is always better than your plan

Me: I won't Hashem. And let me just tell you Hashem, thank you for everything today.


HASHEM: You're welcome child. It was just another day being your Hashem and I love looking after my children.

No comments:

Post a Comment