בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



9 May 2010

This site rests on Shabbos


Click on image to enlarge.

Last Shabbos, a friend of mine mentioned a book that she had just finished reading. Wanting to know more details, I searched for it on the web after Sabbath was over. I thought it might be a book published by ArtScroll. When I clicked on the ArtScroll website, the above image appeared.
Since I live in Europe, Sabbath had ended earlier for me than for those living in America.
In contrast, a non Orthodox rabbi in America published a comment on his blog before Sabbath had ended in America. I left a comment, asking whether he was out of the United States at the time he published the comment. He rejected my comment. It shouldn't bother me what he does in his spare time, but, when he calls himself a leader of a congregation, wouldn't it be nice if he set an example and took a day of rest from his computer?

No comments:

Post a Comment