בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



13 Feb 2010

Have faith

It's Motzaei Shabbos and I am in an emunah mood. Firstly, I am in the middle of reading The Garden of Emunah by Rabbi Shalom Arush.
Additionally, I came across an article in the Mishpacha Magazine in which Bassi Gruen interviewed Rebbetzin Tybel Fishman, a woman who opened a Bais Yakov school in Shanghai during the war years. She was the sole survivor of her immediate family and lost her husband at an early age. But when asked for a final thought at the end of the interview, these are the words the Rebbetzin came up with.
"You need to have emunah," she says with quiet conviction that is nothing short of awesome. "You can't worry and wonder 'what if?' Do what you have to do and leave the rest to Hashem. It's all in His Hands."

After Shabbos, an aunt from the States who is currently visiting Israel called me to tell me that she had just returned from a trip to the Kotel. I was very touched when she told me that she had davened for my family, as well. What also got to me was the way in which she described the way she had prayed to Hashem. The specifics in which she addressed Hashem revealed to me a woman of emunah, well versed in having personal conversations with G-d. May she be granted that her desires should be fulfilled for the good.
I add the words "for the good" because we are limited in our understanding as to what is good.
This evening, I read about the death of a participant in the luge event at the Olympics. Being chosen to represent his country at the Olympics was the greatest dream he could hope to achieve. But, ultimately, it wasn't for his good.
When Princess Diana married Prince Charles, she was the envy of many a young girl whose dream was to become a princess. But contents of letters written by the Princess reveal that attaining a young woman's desire was not for the best.
"I know there are a million people worse off than me & that I should do all that I can for them, but at the end of the day I have to live with myself & emotionally at the moment I am upside down & confused (so boring for those around me) & putting on this act is desperate...,
http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/europe/02/13/diana.auction/index.html?hpt=C1


No comments:

Post a Comment