בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



28 Feb 2010

Copy and paste

It’s Purim morn, I’ve heard the megilla,
Its time to send shaloch manos and prepare for the seudah.
But wait, I haven’t posted today, what should I do?
What to write about, I haven’t a clue.
Should I post about Purim? I’ve already done that.
I’m running out of ideas. Oh, drat.
I know, I’ll copy and paste from the JPost or YnetNews,
Not from the other one, because it has left wing views.
Or should I post a dvar Torah for the holiday?
I’m stressing out – I can’t think. – Oy vey.
Maybe I should lift an idea from Aish or Tomer Devorah,
Perhaps I can write about an article from the Hamodia.
Should I write about shidduchim or about internet addiction?
Please help me. I’m running out of inspiration.
Should I wait by a hospital for someone to die?
It would be so great to post an exclusive that I wouldn’t cry.
What is going on? What happened to my imagination?
Perhaps I should just post a work of fiction.
The time is ticking, I’ve wasted so much time.
Someone’s at the door for tzedakah, I’ll give him a dime.
I’m getting so nervous, I’ll click on a word game to calm down.
One hour later, my face sports a big frown.
Should I write about the boy who donned tefillin on a plane?
If I read the same story on one more blog, I think I might go insane.
What about an article from a secular news site?
Do I have to worry about the copyright?
What about the latest scandal making the rounds?
But, on my blog, lashon hora is out of bounds.
Should I post a video from you tube, I've done that before.
Or will people think it is one great bore?
Copy and paste, copy and paste,
What happened to my mind? What a great waste.
I need an idea, I'm nearing the brink.
I've posted about almost every subject, except for the kitchen sink.
What about posting my thoughts on Rabbi Hoffman's latest topic?
I hope people don't accuse me of being too myopic.
Should I write about the Mashiach and the time of the geulah?
He would come faster if the Yidden did teshuvah.
We could start by spending less time on the computer and clicking on the mouse,
Instead we could learn Torah, or attend to the chores in the house.
What about a post about the erratic weather?
I'm not sure, I'm reaching the end of my tether.
Enough of this nonsense, I’ve wasted the greater part of the day.
I’m going to shut off the computer and deliver shalach manos – I’m on my way.
So excuse the lack of a post on this day full of joy.
Wishing a happy Purim to every man, woman, girl and male child.

2 comments:

  1. Original limerick, cheerful and clever

    May likely be, your best post ever!

    Keep it coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo!!!!!!

    Please keep the poetry coming and Mashiach will arrive sooner than you think.

    Fondly,
    A fan

    ReplyDelete