בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



12 Jul 2016

I don't understand

House Hearing Highlights Palestinian Authority’s System of Financially Rewarding Terror

Israel approves contentious NGO foreign funding law - BreakingNews.com is a site that offers short headlines with links to breaking news. The site posted, "Israel approves contentious NGO foreign funding law, parliament says - AFP" - Did the Parliament really say that they passed a contentious law?
Restrictions against Pollard are 'vindictive', his lawyers claim

Emuna Daily lesson

The other day I posted about how the 13 Principles of the Rambam begins with the words "Ani Maamin- I believe" but nowhere does it say "I understand." A friend told me that the badchan, Yonasan Schwartz, sings (in Yiddish) about it and I found the words in the beginning of a clip featuring an album of his.


3 comments:

  1. The singer is saying that we say everyday the 13 Principles of the Ramban by saying 'I believe', but not saying I 'understand' because we don't need to understand but only to believe!

    Emunah (belief, faith) in H' is most important! We put our complete faith and trust only in our Creator, Hashem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. You might like a former post - http://mashiachiscoming.blogspot.be/2016/03/i-believe-in-hashem.html

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the above.
    I made a typo and wrote Ramban which should be, of course, Rambam, the author of the 13 Principles of Faith.

    ReplyDelete