בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



28 Aug 2015

Making a difference

I told my brother that I was upset with the Huffington Post for writing an article about approximately three hundred rabbis who had penned a document in support of an Iran deal while the same site chose not to write about about three times the number of rabbis who had signed on in opposition of the deal.

My brother advised me to write to the Huffington Post. Later on I related the incident to a friend and wondered whether I should write, thinking that one individual's opinion wouldn't matter. She told me that her sister had shopped at a major supermarket chain and told them that when she saw a promotion for a product such as 15% off if you buy two items and 33% off if you buy three items, she had trouble calculating the exact amount.

She asked whether it would be possible to write the price as opposed to leaving the shopper to calculate the adjusted price. Lo and behold, a while later, the store displayed the adjusted prices of the discount. She also told them that it didn't make sense that the sugar and salt should be packaged in the same color bags. She was told she was right and after the current production ran out, they would heed her advice. Which just goes to show that one person can make a difference.

Last night I posted about how rabbis had written articles attributing the Duma arson attack to Jewish perpetrators, even though the police have not arrested anyone. One already admitted to jumping the gun.

Yesterday after reading an article by a second rabbi, I penned an email to him, and I was happy this morning to see he had re-written the sentence which I found disturbing. Unfortunately, the sites which had published his article prior to his editing still have the unedited version posted.

One person can make a difference. One person's actions can tip the scales to bring about the redemption!


Ki Seitzei - The Gratitude Attitude

No comments:

Post a Comment