בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



5 Jun 2013

A friend's support

Shelley Emling writes about 7 Ways To Impress People In 60 Seconds Or Less .

Her advice includes treating your spouse well, looking people in the eye and asking about a person's child.

3. Give compliments freely to those who deserve itI have a friend who always -- without fail -- says something nice to me as soon as she sees me. It's always something simple like "I love those earrings" but it always makes me feel good and it always makes me want to be around her. People may not always remember what you say, but they will remember how it feels to be around you.

4. Do what you say you're going to doI have another friend who, if she says she's going to meet you at 7 p.m., she's going to meet you at 7 p.m. and not a minute after. I have other friends who are habitually late or who make promises they can never deliver on. I'd rather have a friend tell me "no" than to tell me "maybe" and then renege on me later on. Be reliable and people will respect you for it.
Read full article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/shelley-emling/how-to-impress-people_b_3380181.html

When my mother was in the hospital, I very much appreciated those who asked me how she was doing. 
This morning I heard a speaker talk about the words  נְשָׁמָה which means soul and the word נָשַׁמָּה  which means desolate. The first word has a kamatz under the letter shin while the second word has a patach under the letter shin. The kamatz has an extra line of  support as opposed to the patach.
The difference between desolation and a soul which is alive comes from the support of people involved in an individual's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment