בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



7 Jun 2011

Interesting comments

Some interesting comments I came across this morning.

In a Pajamas Media article, Roger Simon discusses how he feels branded by the wrongdoings of some people who belong to his faith.

He ends his article by stating, "Agnostic though I may be, I want to follow in the best tradition of my people...I will redouble my efforts in the support of Israel. I will continue to be proud of my heritage."
http://pajamasmedia.com/rogerlsimon/2011/06/06/bad-for-the-jews/

One comment posted was the following.
"None of the men Roger mentioned seem to know a whole lot about Judaism.
Shavuot begins sundown June 7, 2011 – through June 9
http://www.aish.com/h/sh/
Lesrn and be proud of our heritage."


Another comment posted:
I remember once talking with a friend, explaining how we (the Jews) get to be proud of Jonas Salk and Albert Einstein, but have to be ashamed of Bernie Madoff and Eliot Spitzer. “Proud, ashamed, proud, ashamed,” I said. “It all gets a little exhausting sometimes.”
My friend, who is Irish-American, responded “I sortof know what you mean, Mike. We get to be proud of the Kennedys……and ashamed of the Kennedys.”


Finally, in searching for a video to post about Shavuot, I came across a comment in Hebrew about a young boy asking his rabbi why people had two eyes when they only had one nose and one mouth. The rabbi responded that the left eye was for a person to use to see himself - to see his imperfections and try to improve himself. The right eye was to be used to see people with a good eye - to focus on their good points.

May we be able to see the good in other people and achieve the unity that the Bnei Yisrael achieved at Har Sinai when they were as one as they promised to follow the words of the Torah.
Let's be proud of our heritage and fulfill our ancestors' promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment