בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



16 Dec 2019

Human Angels

Boy, 10, carries out random acts of kindness including helping diners pay their restaurant bills and has raised £10,000 in memory of his late mother after she died from cancer

If there were an ahavat habriyot contest, my mother would win hands down. She exemplifies what it means to love humanity par excellence. Today she related an incident that had taken place yesterday in a store in her neighborhood.

Upon entering the store, she was struck by two extremely well behaved handsome young boys, with peyot dangling down behind their ears. She started conversing with their mother.

"You have two adorable children," she told her. "They're beautiful. And so are you. You're so pretty."
The woman became emotional and said, "You have no idea what you've done for me. You see, I lost my husband recently and was feeling down, and thinking to myself that I wasn't looking good and didn't feel that I was attractive anymore. And then you came, like G-d sending a human angel with a message especially for me."

My mother became as emotional as the other woman and they hugged each other warmly, grateful for the experience of a chance encounter of two strangers.

But we know it wasn't by chance that the two met.

And me? I am deeply grateful to have been raised by such a role model who taught me how important it is to put a smile on another's face. May she be zoche to arichut yamim in good health and see nachat from her family ad meah ve'esrim.

And you? Please put a smile on someone's face.

No comments:

Post a Comment