בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



7 Oct 2013

The Nobel Prize- Oh my G-d

Two more Jews, both from the United States, and a German non-Jew won the Nobel Prize in medicine in Monday, while two Israel contenders lost out.
...More than 20 percent of the 800 Nobel Prize winners so far have been Jewish although Jews represent only 0.2 of the world’s population.
read more: http://www.jewishpress.com/news/breaking-news/two-jews-win-nobel-prize-in-medicine/2013/10/07/

Professor Schekman said he was suffering from jet lag after returning from a trip to Europe the day before when he was awakened at 1am by a phone call to his home in California by the chairman of the Nobel Prize committee.
“My first reaction was Oh, my God! That was also my second reaction….I wasn't thinking too straight. I didn't have anything elegant to say. All I could say was 'Oh my God,' and that was that,” he told the Associated Press.
Read more: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/2013-nobel-prize-in-medicine-won-by-scientists-for-work-on-cell-delivery-system--james-rothman-randy-schekman-and-thomas-sdhof-8863851.html

No comments:

Post a Comment