בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



23 Feb 2013

A cordial decline

Below is an excerpt from Friday's State Department briefing.

QUESTION: The meeting between Palestinian negotiators Saeb Erekat and Secretary Kerry. I spoke with Mr. Erekat today, and he basically cordially wouldn’t answer.

MS. NULAND: Imagine that, Said. Imagine that.

QUESTION: He actually says to defer to you. He’s saying that you will say whatever you want to say. So could you share some of the substance of the meeting with us?

MS. NULAND: I think I’ll decline that generous offer that you’ve given me, Said. I think, as you know, this – cordially, in fact – as you know, this diplomacy depends on it being handled diplomatically.
http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/dpb/2013/02/205100.htm

A happy Purim to those celebrating today!


No comments:

Post a Comment