בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



5 Aug 2012

Great remorse and bad manners

The other day I called a friend of mine and the phone was answered by her eighteen-year-old daughter. When I asked to speak to her mother she told me that her mother wasn't at home. I had called the previous week, looking for a phone number and she hadn't relayed the message to her mother. Expecting her to do the same, I couldn't fathom that she would tell her mother I had called. Instead I asked her when she thought her mother would return.
She answered, "in ten minutes."
"Why couldn't she tell me directly that her mother wasn't at home but was expected within the next quarter of an hour,' I asked myself.
Of course the answer is that many children are not taught the social graces of good phone manners or effective communication.
I thought of the above incident when I read a story about a boy who was taught a lesson by his coaches after he cut in line for a flight.

Click here to read the story and watch a video where he expresses his great remorse to his fellow passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment