בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



4 Sept 2011

Saying thank you

Last week I posted about the Acts of Kindness initiative which focuses on one item per week leading up to Yom Kippur. Last week, the theme was about smiling. This week the theme focuses on saying thank you. Below is a selection of articles and comments dealing with that suggestion.

After a must read by Slovie Jungreis-Wolff titled Abba, where are you?, someone posted this comment.

As someone who lost my father over a year ago, I found this article very, very powerful and meaningful. Thank you.

In Honor of Teachers by Charles M. Blow

So to all of the Mrs. Thomases out there, all the teachers struggling to reach lost children like I was once, I just want to say thank you. You deserve our admiration, not our contempt.

Thank You, America by Nicholas Kristof
Belgassim Ali, a petroleum engineer, told me: “I would thank America for the stance to protect my people.” Without America, he added, “we would not be celebrating. We would be in the cemetery.”

No comments:

Post a Comment