בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



11 Dec 2021

Happiness

The woman approached me in the synagogue this morning asking me, "Are you coming to the shiur today at my house?"

Uncomprehendingly, I responded, "what shiur?"

"You mean your husband didn't tell you? That's not nice."

She proceeded to tell me the details and I reassured her that I would be there.

After shul, I asked my husband why he hadn't relayed the message to me about the shiur and he responded that he hadn't know about it. The woman's husband had not mentioned it to himr and he muted the whatsap messages from the shul, after being bombarded with messages.

When I arrived at the woman's house, I was going to explain to her why my husband not said anything to me. But I stopped myself. Perhaps she had asked her husband to tell me about the lecture and he had forgotten to do so. I did not want to cause friction between husband and wife. To me, it was more important that she think highly of her husband rather than mine.

She had told me what my husband had done was not nice. Causing friction between a married couple is not nice, as well.

The Two Conditions To Unconditional Happiness

No comments:

Post a Comment