בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



2 Aug 2016

The nice comment

This morning I woke up to a nice comment awaiting me in my inbox.

BS"D I wanted to send a qk. email Thanking you for your beautiful, inspiring blog - you're very successful w/ your goal in inspiring your readers! Thank You! The compliment is mutually exclusive to the following request - would it be possible to post that "Amazing amazing story" mentioned yesterday? (told by R' Krohn?)Either way, Thank you so much! May we meet soon w/ the Geula Shleima!!!

First of all, I want to say Amen and thank the reader for taking the time to send positive feedback which encourages me to continue posting.
Secondly, you can read the story and watch the video at http://lakewoodpulse.com/2016/07/31/amazing-true-story/.

I must admit, I get inspired from many of the divrei Torah and beautiful words of the rabbis I listen to in an effort to bring items of interest that will motivate. For instance, yesterday I started a post taken form Revach, "The pasuk (Bamidbar 33:17) lists as one of Bnei Yisroel’s travels, “VaYis’u MiKivros HaTaava, VaYachanu BaChatzeiros”. The Chasam Sofer says that we see a Remez from these words that if you overcome your indulgence, you become more Kadosh and closer to Hashem."
The words have given me pause for thought and I will try to curb my indulgence for chocolate from now on.
Last night I watched a video titled The happiness project which I resolved to post this morning. In the video Rabbi Michael Skobac makes the point that people should be focusing on the present and asking themselves what Hashem wants from them now. Since last night, I have been stopping to reflect and asking myself that question. It has already made a difference in my actions this morning.


Finally, I posted an article yesterday in Hebrew about a young man who had lost his wife to a sickness and he spoke movingly at the funeral. He said Hashem had given him a wake up call and that he would do everything for the elevation of her soul by not occupying himself with wordly matters but instead being deeply immersed in the study of Torah.
I am a person who comes up with ideas but usually needs someone to implement them. The words of this man haunted me and I was wondering if someone in Israel can find out about his circumstances and whether we can start a funding page for him so that he can follow his dream amidst financial security for his family of young girls, left without a mother.

His story can be found here. If anyone can help me get my idea off the ground, please leave a comment. If you don't want it published, just specify that you don't want it published. Thanks and tizku lemitzvot.

No comments:

Post a Comment