בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



2 Jul 2010

Berucha habaa

Harriet Sherwood, has written an article titled Jerusalem, my new home in which the Guardian's new Jerusalem correspondent gives her first impressions of the city. I would have written the article differently.

The golden Dome of the Rock, the revered and iconic Muslim site from where the Prophet Mohammed began his ascent to heaven, gleams high above the Wailiing (or Western) Wall, the equally revered and iconic Jewish site where the devout bury prayers in the cracks between stones and mourn the destruction of their ancient temple.

If I were writing the article, I would have added the words, "according to Islamic tradition" after "his ascent to heaven."
This is but one example. Read the whole article here. And let me know if you come away with the same impression as I do. Namely, Ms. Sherwood's opening salvo rates a score of Palestine 1 - Israel 0.
I look forward to future unbiased and impartial reporting from the Guardian's new Jerusalem correspondent.
Ms. Sherwood, berucha habaa - Shalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment