בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



6 Nov 2009

The Shabbos candles

This week marked the yarzheit of Rabbi Shlomo Carlebach. IsraelNationalNews published an English translation of the eulogy delivered by Rabbi Yisrael Meir Lau, Shlita, Chief Rabbi of Tel Aviv and former Ashkenazi Chief Rabbi of Israel, at Rabbi Carlebach's funeral, 15 years ago.
"I believe that I will not have fulfilled my duty if I do not speak for many who need to beg for forgiveness from HaRav Shlomo Carlebach. We did not relate to him with enough respect,we did not value him sufficiently, we did not guard the honor which he never sought but to which he was truly entitled."
Read whole article:
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/9132
I was witness to seeing the rabbi in action. If we were to emulate his heartfelt love of all Yidden, whatever their persuasion, and his joy in doing a mitzvah, I dare say, the world would be a better place.
Have a good Shabbos.

No comments:

Post a Comment