בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 Jan 2009

Candidates for Hashem

I was reading a post on LazerBeams this evening which succinctly summarized my views on the Israel election. He spoke about a candidate being discredited because he would ruin Israel's relations with USA. He went on to write, "The Beams proposes a new criteria: How about looking for a candidate that will improve our relations with Hashem? "
I don't live in Israel but, when I do move there, I intend to start a new political party. I am debating between the names "Achdus" and "Maleh" (Mi Lahashem Elai). Let's all join Hashem's party. There is a lack of rainfall this year and rabbis are calling on the public to increase prayers for rain. All sorts of highly technological solutions are being sought in order to prevent a severe water shortage. To me, the solution is simple. Carefully read the text of the shema. If we observe Hashem's commandments, G-d promises that he will bring rain in its right time. It's as simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment