בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



7 May 2024

A Positive Impact

A relative told me about a shiur she had attended this morning about judging people positively. The lecturer spoke about someone who cuts into your lane while you are driving. You can get angry, or alternatively, you can imagine that this person is driving someone to the hospital and therefore, cut into your lane to get there faster.
Soon after I heard the story, I was placed in a situation where I could have chosen to feel insulted and blame the person who did not acknowledge me. However, I chose to believe that she was engrossed in conversation with an older woman, and it would have been rude to stop talking to her. She bore no ill feeling to me, but was super polite and wished to respect the woman with whom she was engaged in conversation. I smiled to myself and acknowledged that my relative's words made a positive impact on my spirits this morning.

Grieving Jews HOUNDED outside AUSCHWITZ by pro-Palestine mob wearing SHOCKING insignia



No comments:

Post a Comment