בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



3 Oct 2011

Between man and his fellow man

For those of you who missed this post on Yid with Lid, click here to read about an Arab massacre on a group of Jews in Tiberias 73 years ago and how the British acted by appeasing the terrorists. Note, this was before any division of Palestine.
For those of you who understand Hebrew, Chadrei Chadarim has an amazing interview with the father-in-law of Asher Plamer, the 25-year-old man who was killed with his 1-year-old son, Yonatan, when their car overturned near Hebron, after being struck by stones. Click here to read the article in Hebrew and to listen to the interview.
For those who don't understand Hebrew, in my limited time, I will try to relate some of the salient points.
Every half hour on the Sabbath my daughter turned to G-d and asked, 'Why take both? Why did not you leave me one? Why both husband and son?"
... I thank G-d that my daughter has been spared. Had she been there, she would have had no chance.
Every evening I merit to go to an evening kollel at the Cave of Machpelah. Every night I say there: our problem is between man and his fellow man.
... The wife, husband, the boss is not so forgiving. I can say the most important thing is between man and his fellow man. If we improve this thing, I'm sure that whatever happened would not have happened....There is also the matter of racism. I consider it a great thing to break down the barriers between Ashkenazim and Sephardim. My wife is Ashkenazi. My in-laws are Ashkenazi. Each one completes the other. Everybody should see the good in one another. Each community has good in it and it is necessary that one should complete the other.
The year is תשע"ב "Ayin Bet" is the numerical equivalent of the word חסד (chesed-kindness,mercy). It is also the numerical equivalent to one of the names of G-d. This year should be one of mercy for the nation of Israel. According to what is happening, this will not be simple but G-d is with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment