בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 Feb 2009

Thank you, Hashem

I must confess, although I am way past "junior" age, I enjoy reading the Junior Mishpacha magazine. This morning, as soon as I had received the Mishpacha magazine, I turned to the page entitled "Tales of Tzaddikim". I like reading the stories and being inspired. On the previous page I happened across a poem written by 11 year old, Rosi Steinfeld called "Thank you, Hashem". I would like to share the poem with you.


I wake up and start to pray
With my whole heart I say,
"Please Hashem in every way,
Make everything be okay."

Hashem gives me my voice to sing
And gives me money to buy a new ring.
He gives me almost everything.
He lets me see the flowers in the spring.

Hashem sometimes gives me ice cream.
yum!
And of cake maybe some.
Baruch Hashem I'm not dumb.
And none of my body parts are numb.
Baruch Hashem, I don't live in a chicken coop
And I have a good group
When I'm sick I can have chicken soup.
And Hashem lets me have a hula hoop.

And when my younger brother is upset,
This for me is just a test
To know that Hashem is the best
And I say this full of zest.



I have to admit that I glossed over my Modim prayer this morning. But, right now I will take a moment to say, "thank you, Hashem".

Want to take part in writing a poem called "Thank you, Hashem?" Email me at devorah@live.co.uk and I will post the best poems on my blog. Looking forward to hearing from you!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am sending a copy of the poem to my niece. Hopefully, she will be inspired to write a poem of her own.

    ReplyDelete