בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 Dec 2017

A beautiful day

I came acroos this video of Rabbi Anava speaking about Parshat Vayechi; I think it was delivered last year but his words are timely.
I loved the anecdote about the man in his pajamas at the beginning of the video.
Waiting for my turn at the dentist this morning, I decided to use the time to say Tehillim, beseeching Hashem that the doctor would not cause me pain and that he would deliver a good prognosis on the condition of my teeth. I turned to a random perek, only to feel apprehensive when reading the penultimate verse of Perek Gimmel.
8. Arise, O Lord, save me, my God, for You have struck all my enemies on the cheek; You have broken the teeth of the wicked.

Just what I needed to read?

When I first approached the dentist's office, I was struck by the melifluous sounds of a guitarist playing classical music on the street. Edging closer, I noticed a sign, "Beautiful day. Too bad I can't see it."

Besides saying Tehillim while waiting, I struck up a conversation with the woman seated next to me. She was waiting for an operation on her gums and I wished her the best. She told me that a doctor had performed two cataract operations on her within the past few months and, thankfully, her vision hadgreatly improved. She said that she had been much more afraid of the consequences of not being able to see than the operation she was to undergo at the dentist. It certainly put things into perspective for her, and me, as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment