בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



28 Sept 2016

Words

In the video below, Rabbi Salomon speaks about concentrating on the words that come out of our mouths.
The other day I read an article in which the reader was advised to say, ¨my pleasure¨instead of ¨no problem." I related this to my family and we spent a hilarious Shabbos meal trying to banish all negative words, including no, can't, and won't from our vocabulary. Any word that had a negative connotation was not allowed to be uttered.
When I told a relative that my teacher had passed away, he told me to say that my teacher went to olam haba. I asked him how he would respond to a question, "Do you know the meaning of a certain word?" He answered, smilingly, Ï would love to know the meaning of that word. Let's look it up together!!!"

Try the exercise of not using the ^no^word for a few minutes and see how cognizant you will be about the words you utter. And when your husband/wife, mother or father asks you to take out the garbage, how about responding with, "my pleasure."


No comments:

Post a Comment