בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



16 May 2016

A dose of inspiration

This Facebook Employee Was Inspired by a Challah from Chabad to Create Something Amazing

Keeping My Past From My Present

Act of ‘Chesed’ helps struggling University Heights family

A post titled Jewish Actor Michael Douglas and Family Turn Their Celebrity Into Serious Philanthropy caught my eye this morning. While I would have no problems defining Michael's father as Jewish, I don't believe Michael's mother was Jewish, and, as such, according to Orthodox Judaism, he wouldn't be recognized as Jewish. So, either the site which posted the article accepts the definition of the Reform movement as who is Jewish or I am misinformed about the actor's mother's roots.


No comments:

Post a Comment