בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



14 Dec 2015

Zos Chanukah

It is said in the name of the holy Rebbe, Rav Yisroel Rhiziner zechuso yagen aleinu that “what the tzaddikim of the generation accomplish through their lofty Neilah prayers on Yom Kippur, a simple Jew can ask and accomplish with his prayers on Zos Chanukah, the eighth day of Chanukah”.
Read more: https://www.tehilimhotline.org/online_newsletter.asp?ProductID=212

A few days ago I posted about the White House Chanukah reception in which a Reform woman clergy member was asked to recite the blessing of the Menorah and added an extra word to the second blessing.
Sheasah nisim laavoteinu - leimotenu. She also stated, "I also stand here with my fierce family of clergy and black lives matter activists who took to the streetsof Ferguson to stand firm until all members of the community would see G-d in the face of the other... and, of couse,  I stand with my sister who lit these lights at the kotel this year.


Daniel Greenfield writes about his reaction to her speech over here.


Perusing the commnents posted under the article, I found that someone had posted a link to an article by Rabbi Meir Kahane written over a decade ago.

If I were a Reform rabbi; if I were a leader of the establishment whose money and prestige have succeeded in capturing for himself the leadership and voice of American Jewry; if I were one of the members of the Israeli Government's ruling group; if I were an enlightened sophisticated, modern Jewish intellectual, I would climb the barricades and join in battle against that most dangerous of all Jewish holidays - Chanukah
Continue reading: http://www.freeman.org/m_online/jan01/kahane.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment