בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



29 Jun 2015

The evil eye

Whoever possesses these three things, he is of the disciples of Abraham, our father; and [whoever possesses] three other things, he is of the disciples of Bil'am, the wicked. The disciples of Abraham, our father, [possess] a good eye, an humble spirit and a lowly soul. The disciples of Bil'am, the wicked, [possess] an evil eye, a haughty spirit and an over-ambitious soul. (Avot 5:19)

You have just returned from a date and your mother is waiting up for you.

"So nu, how did it go?"

"I'm not going out with him again. He didn't wait to see that I got inside the house. - He ordered a drink for me without consulting me. He took me to a shlocky place to have drinks....."

Let's reset the conversation.

"So nu, how did it go?"

"First of all, I admire how made the effort to travel all the way from Lakewood to Brooklyn and back without complaint. He was kind enough to drive me home but couldn't find a parking place. I saw he was waiting to make sure I got into the house but had to leave before I got safely in the house as the drive in the car behind him was honking impatiently....."

The Antidote for Balaam’s Evil Eye (Ayin Hara)

Balak(Numbers 22:2-25:9) The Evil Eye

Parshat Balak: The evil eye, how it works; how to defeat it

Parashat Chukat: The Drasha Of The Klausenberg Rebbe In Auschwitz

No comments:

Post a Comment