בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



28 Jan 2015

The actual world

KRAUTHAMMER: EUROPE HAS LOST ITS SHAME TOWARDS ITS ANTI-SEMITISM

Attorney General nominee Loretta Lynch belonged to a student group that brought Jew-hating Palestinian terrorists to Harvard Law School every year she was a member.
Continue reading: http://gotnews.com/loretta-lynch-belonged-jew-hating-pro-terrorist-harvard-group/


A blogger at the Dish writes the reasons for stopping to blog.


The second is that I am saturated in digital life and I want to return to the actual world again. I’m a human being before I am a writer; and a writer before I am a blogger, and although it’s been a joy and a privilege to have helped pioneer a genuinely new form of writing, I yearn for other, older forms. I want to read again, slowly, carefully. I want to absorb a difficult book and walk around in my own thoughts with it for a while. I want to have an idea and let it slowly take shape, rather than be instantly blogged. I want to write long essays that can answer more deeply and subtly the many questions that the Dish years have presented to me. I want to write a book.
I want to spend some real time with my parents, while I still have them, with my husband, who is too often a ‘blog-widow’, my sister and brother, my niece and nephews, and rekindle the friendships that I have simply had to let wither because I’m always tied to the blog. And I want to stay healthy.
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2015/01/28/a-note-to-my-readers/


Drink beer to ward off Alzheimer's: study



No comments:

Post a Comment