בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



14 Jan 2015

Fear and good

Rabbi Arnold Saunders remembers clearly his shock at the slogan he noticed printed on the back of a man wearing a Manchester United shirt as he was driving one day in Salford. It read: “Kill the Jews.”


The 54-year-old cleric, a Reds fan since the age of nine, has experienced more than his fair share of violent anti-Semitism.
... Rabbi Saunders said: “Of course there is a heightened alert but, as Roosevelt said, we have nothing to fear but fear itself.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-new-antisemitism-i-looked-at-his-shirt-and-saw-kill-the-jews-and-was-truly-shocked-9976303.html

I would add to Roosevelt's quote "and yirat Hashem."

Yesterday I linked to an article which quotes Rabbi Dov Lellouche, a community rabbi and principal of Rechit Hochma, a Jewish preschool in Paris.

“We must continue to trust in God that everything He does is for our good,” he said.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/01/13/we-must-continue-to-trust-in-god-french-jewish-school-principal-says-nearly-half-of-students-havent-returned-to-school/

Yesterday I received an email of daily emunah by Rabbi David Ashear which I recommend people sign up for by sending an email to Emunadaily@gmail.com 
Below is an excerpt from the email.

I was recently learning with a young man who told me that the day before, he was on his way somewhere - in the rain - and struggled with himself to turn around to recite Minhah with a minyan before continuing along his way. As he was leaving the synagogue, his phone dropped and cracked. Reflecting upon the experience, he said something beautiful: "Because I overcame this challenge and went to pray with a minyan, Hashem had compassion on me and allowed me to receive the afflictions I needed through a little crack in my phone, instead of making me suffer something much worse." This is the proper attitude we should have. Instead of saying, "Hashem, I go to pray with a minyan and this is what You do to me?" he said, "Hashem, You're so kind. Because I prayed with a minyan, you afflicted me in such a slight way for my benefit."

Jimmy Carter: Charlie Hebdo Attack Could Help Defeat Islamophobia

Josh Earnest: Wouldn’t Be Accurate to Call Paris Attackers ‘Radical Islamists’


No comments:

Post a Comment