Susanne Cervenka writes about being happy and outlines the tips of author Shawn Achor for achieving joy.
• Write down three new things you are grateful for everyday.
• Journal about one positive thing that you have experienced every 24 hours
• Exercise for at least 10 minutes a day, which he says teaches your brain that your behavior matters
• Meditate for at least 10 minutes a day, which will train your brain to focus on one thing
• Send random acts of kindness: write one positive email or note thanking or praising someone in your social support network every day
Rabbi Daniel Glatstein talks about giving to others in a short video titled Parashat Vayeshev: The Secret Of How To Live And Really Be Successful
Rabbi Yonoson Roodyn talks about Hilchos Chanukah In 10 Minutes.
Congressman Trey Gowdy questioned Jonathan Gruber about comments he made regarding the stupidity of the American voter. In one instance Professor Gruber responds, "Once again, it is another example of my inexcusable arrogance in trying to insult others to make myself seem smarter."
Isn't that what people do when they speak lashon hara? Insulting others to make oneself seem superior to another?