בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



10 Dec 2014

Alleviating pain

I went to visit an elderly woman in an old age home yesterday and met a friend who was taking care of a nonagenarian. My friend was complaining of severe back pain and was at her wit's end.
As I was on my way home, I bumped into a woman who was touting the benfits of magnetized water and  therapeutic magnetic jewelry  to alleviate chronic pain. She told me that the people who received the products from her experienced less pain. She added that she prayed for them to get well.
I wanted to blurt out to her, "Okay, how about if I skip the magnetic therapy products and proceed to your praying for me instead?"
Probably the woman's prayer is providing more benefit than the magnetized jewelry.  All I can say is Baruch Hashem that I don't suffer from back pain my friend is experiencing.

In an article titled Twice-Bereaved Mom Refuses Bibi's Offer of Likud MK Spot? Miriam Peretz explains why she turned down Prime Minister Netanyahu's offer to go into politics. She prefers to devote her life to meeting and educating IDF soldiers;


“I need the personal touch, it keeps me alive,” she added. “I will not have that when I am sealed off inside the Knesset. I pray to G-d to give me strength to continue and light the heritage of the fallen – not just of my sons, but of all of the fallen soldiers of this country. They fell so that we can be worthy, so that we build a country that seeks kindness, and that yearns for this peace, already. I am doing it my way.”
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/188469#.VIgZvZVATIU


US comedian Joan Rivers left money in her will for some of her favourite charities, including Guide Dogs for the Blind, Jewish Guild Healthcare and Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Read more: http://www.jewishnews.co.uk/joan-rivers-includes-jewish-charities-will-fortune/



No comments:

Post a Comment