בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



9 Aug 2013

The medic

Chadrei Charedim has an article with a headline which included the word "חובש" - a medic. The article describes a Hatzolah volunteer who arrived at an institute in the Talpiot area of Jerusalem to repair a Sefer Torah.

With hasgocha pratis he arrived an hour before the time of his appointment. When he came to the office of the Director of the Institute, he found that the director had collapsed and wasn't breathing. The man immediately began CPR and a while later the director was transported to the Shaarei Tzedek hospital.
http://www.bhol.co.il/article.aspx?id=57827

Eitzchayim hi lamachazikim ba

As I read the headline about the "חובש" I was reminded of a song an elementary school teacher had taught the students in my class years ago. I resolved to find it on YouTube. Before I did so, however, I was reading through my bloglist and saw that Lazer Beams had just published a post "Ballad of the Medic." I clicked on the site and would you believe it? Below is the video that I was looking for which Rabbi Lazer Brody posted this evening.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my...how incredibly moving... The IDF is the most powerful, Holiest Army in the entire world!!! You choose Life where others choose what they choose, but you are all so incredible.. Baruch HaShem for all of you... Thank you Thank you thank you...

    ReplyDelete