בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



23 Apr 2013

A time to love and a time to hate

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven

Kohelet 3:8
עֵת לֶאֱהֹב וְעֵת לִשְׂנֹא,
עֵת מִלְחָמָה וְעֵת שָׁלוֹם

A time to love, and a time to hate;
a time for war, and a time for peace

After reading an article by Rev. Mr. Michael Rogers, S.J., titled Dear Dzhokhar, I Can't Hate You, I immmediately thought of the above words composed by the smartest king of all time.

Dear Dzhokhar, you may have crossed the threshold of the building in which I lived to compete in an athletic event, but we have never met, and you tried to kill my family, a friend, my students, and destroy my community.
...Dear Dzhokhar, for all of this, I can't hate you... Today I thought about the fact that you are only 19 ... you are just a kid. You must have been so afraid. You were a victim like so many are victims. You were brought something you shouldn't have been brought into because you likely didn't and couldn't know any better.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/rev-mr-michael-rogers-sj/dear-dzhokhar-i-cant-hate-you_b_3128805.html

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach penned an article titled And hate the sinner too.

Amid my deep respect for the Christian faith, I state unequivocally that to love the terrorist who bombs a marathon or the white supremacist who drags a black man three miles behind a car, is not just stupid, it is deeply sinful. To love evil is itself evil and constitutes a passive form of complicity.
Read more:http://www.jewishpress.com/indepth/columns/america-rabbi-shmuley-boteach/and-hate-the-sinner-too/2013/04/22/2/

No comments:

Post a Comment