בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



2 Jul 2012

The closest

The other day I was shopping at a kosher supermarket in the neighborhood when I bumped into a distand cousin of mine. She told me that she was on her way to Israel later that day. I wished her a safe trip, told her to send regards to her family and asked her to have me in mind when she prays at the Kotel.

"I have such a desire to take a trip to Israel," I told her, "particularly since I listened to a rabbi's lecture where he spoke about soliciting advice and blessings from a rabbi, as well as a special woman living in Israel." I told the woman that I would love to go and make the rounds of rabbis, asking for brochos. She reminded me, "the Aibeshter is the closest." "Thank you for the reminder," I thanked her sincerely. As if to reinforce the point, I made my way to one of the supermarket aisles when I was struck by a tune playing in the background through the store's loudspeakers. The lyrics of the song were “Pischu Li Pesach K’Chudo Shel Machat, V’aani Eftach Lachem Pesach K’Pischo Shel Ulam - Open for me a hole like the eye of the needle, and I will open for you [the rest] like the entranceway to a great hall”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment