בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



18 Jun 2012

The legacy

Rabbi Benjamin Blech writes about a legacy in an article at Aish. He describes a friend of his who encountered a stranger at his father's grave on the anniversary of his death. The stranger had vowed to visit the grave annually because of the debt he owed to the man who was his rabbi.

"It was then," my friend confided to me, his eyes welling with tears, "that I wondered who other than those bound by familial obligations would come to my graveside after I'm gone to give thanks for what my life had meant to them. I've made money, lots and lots of it, but my father made people. And it was then that I decided that I would from that day forward commit a significant portion of my time and my funds to make a difference in the lives of others.

Read full article: http://www.aish.com/ci/s/Defining_Success_Steve_Jobs_or_Bill_Gates.html


VIN writes about the hundreds of people who attended the levaya of a "fourteen year old Israeli boy whose beautiful middos and golden voice captured the hearts of countless listeners."

...“We put tefillin on him on the day of his Bar Mitzvah,” reminisced Bein Ish U’Bein Achiv volunteer Mordechai Aron Tirnauer, “but when Dovid came out of the coma he was shaking because he had missed the opportunity to put on tefillin on the day of his Bar Mitzvah. We told him that he had indeed worn his tefillin on that day but Dovid was concerned that perhaps since he was in a coma he hadn’t properly fulfilled the mitzvah. One month after his Bar Mitzvah, Dovid put on tefillin for the first time with the Skverer Rebbe.”

Read full article: http://www.vosizneias.com/108125/2012/06/17/brooklyn-ny-talented-teen-that-captured-thousands-mourned-by-crowds-at-borough-park-levaya





2 comments:

  1. Baruch HaShem!! What a beautiful song you did for Him and all of us. Thank you so very much. HaShem loves you deeply and has such a job for you. Praise Be Unto His Name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. To anonymous
    thank you. I do appreciate your comment.

    ReplyDelete