בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



18 Nov 2011

Lessons from Avraham

Rabbi Yissocher Frand discusses the "it's coming to me" attitude in relation to this week's parsha.
Such is the attitude of a person who does not go through life with an "It's coming to me" (es kumpt mir) philosophy. The opposite of the Yiddish expression "es kumpt mir" is "es kumpt mir gornisht" which means I deserve nothing. I take nothing for granted. Every little gift is a bonanza! This was exactly the attitude of Avraham. That is why he died a very happy and satisfied man and that is why the Torah praised him with this behavior.
When the Chofetz Chaim finished writing the Mishna Berurah, he said, "Ribbono shel Olam you have been so good to me. How can I finally pay You back?" If you or I wrote the Mishna Berurah, our attitude would most likely be "G-d, I wrote the Mishna Berurah. I put the Orach Chaim on the map for You. Now it is my turn. When is it going to be payback time?"

Read full devar Torah at http://www.torah.org/learning/ravfrand/5772/chayeisarah.html# by scrolling down to second article titled "Avraham Died A Happy Man -- For Good Reason."

In the video below, the rabbi discusses living every day to its fullest.

No comments:

Post a Comment