בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



27 Oct 2011

A sad post

Yossi and Hindel Swerdlov penned an open letter to family and friends on the occasion of the upcoming 2nd Yahrzeit of their young daughter Alta Shula A”H.

This Shabbos, please have a Lichayim and do a Mitzvah in the memory of Alta Shula bas Yosef Yitzchak & Hinda.
Click here to read the letter. In addition, the Sverdlov's included a link to a letter written by the Lubavitcher Rebbe in 1978 titled When Does One Stop Mourning a Death? - Worthwhile reading.

The Muqata has a post about the Schijveschuurder family that is heartrending. I wish I could do something to help. Actually, I met one of the Schijveschuurders when he came to Europe as part of the One Family Fund organization speakers. I won't forget how I told an owner of a store that I was on my way to meet one of the Schijveschuurder sons. I had stopped at her store to converse and she told me that she knew the family. Immediately, she handed me some items from her store and told me to give them to him. At her shiva, a few years later, I related the story to her daughters, hoping they would derive comfort from their mother's act of kindness.

No comments:

Post a Comment