בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



26 May 2011

A return to the 76 borders

Dear Prime Minister Netanyahu,
You don't know me but I know you. If I can have a few minutes of your time, I would like to suggest a peace plan that came to me in the middle of the night. (I always do my best thinking in the wee morning hours.)
I would suggest that you sign off on a one line peace agreement and make sure that Presidents Obama and Abbas sign, as well.
The text of the peace agreement would be as follows:
We, the undersigned, are committed to a Jewish state based upon the 76 borders.
If you ask President Obama to sign the document, I doubt he will notice the date flub of 76 rather than 67. After all, the President flubbed the date the other day. As for President Abbas, he is more used to reading in Arabic which reads from right to left, so I doubt he will catch the mistake.
Yippee! Israel would get back Gush Katif and the Sinai, which should be returned, with talk coming out of Egypt about abrogating the peace treaty.
If this idea doesn't work, then I would propose that you forge a document using Photoshop and copy and paste their signatures onto the letter of agreement. If they raise a ruckus about the legitimacy of the document, you can tell them that you would agree to subject the document to forensic analysis based upon two conditions.
1. That President Abbas subjects his dissertation on the holocaust to a historical analysis.
2. That President Obama agrees that the long form birth certificate held in a Hawaiin vault should be subject to forensic analysis.
Thank you for your time.
In a speech you addressed to Congress a couple of days ago, you concluded with the following words:
"May G-d bless all of you, and may G-d forever bless the United States of America."
Permit me to conclude my letter with the following words.
May G-d bless you, may G-d forever bless His people and may His people remember to thank G-d for all the blessings in their lives.

Sincerely yours,
Devorah

UPDATE: Check out this great cartoon about the 76 borders.

2 comments:

  1. Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It wakes up the braincells!

    The absolute truth is the thing that makes people laugh :)

    ReplyDelete