בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



16 Sept 2010

The wave of the future

Before Yom Kippur, in order for Hashem to forgive us for our aveiros committed against another person, we must receive Mechila from the person we harmed (Shulchan Aruch OC 606:1). Typically we ask all the people we may have caused harm, if they are Mochel us for everything we did to them. Is this enough or must we get into specifics?
Read full article: http://www.revach.net/halacha/tshuvos/Rav-Shlomo-Zalman-Auerbach-quotAre-You-Mochel-Me-For-Everything-I-Didquot/4097

This morning I received an email with the following request. "Please be mochel (forgive) me if I hurt you in any way over the past year."
I admit I am used to people calling before Yom Kippur asking if I am mochel them. Likewise, I have made calls to relatives and friends, wishing them a good year and asking them for forgiveness if I did anything wrong.
But, the above email marked a first- a new way of asking for forgiveness. And, I was a bit shocked about the removal of a voice at the other end of the line. I guess I will have to get used to it, as lack of personal contact seems to be the wave of the future and here with us to stay.
That fact really hit home when I read about 300 employees at Connaught who were fired via a conference call.
Read full article: http://money.uk.msn.com/news/city-news/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=154679883

So, for all those I've wronged over the past year - Please be mochel me. I'm sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment