בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



11 Aug 2010

The press briefing

I was planning to write a fictitious post about a United Nations press briefing - where the UN would announce the humanitarian disaster in Pakistan, how many millions of people were affected and the amount of homes that were damaged and destoyed. I was going to continue with an imaginary question and answer session where, even though a mega disaster had just been announced, the questions would mostly be about the Gaza flotilla. But, when I read Tuesday's text of the actual UN press briefing, I realized I didn't have to make up anything. The script was there for me, ready for the taking.
Click here for the press briefing which I didn't have to make up.

2 comments:

  1. Unbelievable.

    I counted the words through MSWord's Word Count.

    Q&A on Israel: 1892
    Q&A on rest of world: 3074
    So 38% of the words of the Q&A part were about Israel.

    As I wrote here, Rav Mordechai Eliyahu has said that the Pasuk in Devarim לא תיראום can be read לא תירא או"ם

    ReplyDelete
  2. The devar Torah by Rabbi Eliyahu was elucidating. Yaak, thanks for leaving your comment.

    ReplyDelete