בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



9 Jun 2010

Rabbi Eliyahu Zatzal's prayer

INN reported that "Rabbi Shmuel Zaafrani, Rabbi Eliyahu’s longtime assistant, found an important, 53-year-old note in the rabbi’s wallet." The note contained a prayer which Rabbi Eliyahu had composed when he became a Dayan and recited every day before entering the courtroom.

“Master of the Universe, it is revealed and known before You that it was not my idea to stand and serve Your holy nation, to judge and teach. I well know my small worth. I did not seek to do what is beyond me, but my rabbis instructed me to take this path, and this is how You arranged matters… Your wisdom has decreed that I serve the holy nation, teaching and judging… But trembling has overtaken me, fear and shaking have come over me, regarding the terrible danger that faces me and the vast abyss that is open before me…"

Read full prayer and article: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/137955

Kol haboreach min hakavod hakavod borei’ach acharov. One who runs away from honor will find honor chasing after him. (Ethics of the Fathers)

In this week's Parsha, Korach approaches Moshe because he feels he didn't receive an honor that should rightfully have been his. Korach's end was being swallowed by the earth.
In reading Rabbi, Eliyahu's prayer, we are treated to his humble nature and his not seeking honor. The verse in Ethics of the Fathers was realized when an estimated 100,000 people attended his levaya, hoping to accord the Rabbi his final honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment