בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



19 Apr 2010

High marks

High marks for two individuals I read about today, one for his honesty and one for his perseverance.

Brian Davis couldn’t deny what he saw and knew he was honor-bound to tell the world.
Davis ticked a loose reed during his backswing Sunday on the first playoff hole, calling a two-stroke penalty on himself that gave Jim Furyk a victory at the Verizon Heritage.
...Davis immediately asked for PGA Tour tournament director Slugger White and shared what he saw on the shot. White consulted with officials who checked TV replays and confirmed Davis’ worst fear: His violation cost him a chance at his first PGA Tour victory.
What Davis lost on the course will be regained in his reputation for his honorable act, White said.

Read more: http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36632037/ns/sports-golf/


Eddie Gazzillo, who teaches and coaches varsity football at a Brooklyn high school, is featured in a national Weight Watchers commercial talking about his five-year battle to lose weight.
Gazzillo, 37, once tipped the scales at 230 pounds and was embarrassed to run in front of his students.
He's now a svelte 156.
...Being healthier has also made him a better dad, Gazzillo said.
"When I was heavier, I thought I was doing everything I could do to be a good father," Gazzillo said.
"But now that I am thinner, I have so much more energy and I realize I can be so much more to them. It's a new outlook on life for all of us."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/queens/2010/04/19/2010-04-19_untitled__fat19m.html#ixzz0lZX4goFy

No comments:

Post a Comment