בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



24 Dec 2009

A salute to the doers

In an article entitled Doers Vs. Bloggers, Rav Aryeh Zev Ginzberg discusses the minority of people who are the doers in the community as opposed to the observers. He claim that these days there is a third category of people, namely the bloggers.

K’lal Yisrael has a myriad of problems, and we have enough non-doers. What we desperately need are more doers. One thing we definitely do not need is more bloggers in our community. May HaKadosh Baruch Hu protect us from ourselves.
Read full article: http://www.5tjt.com/news/read.asp?Id=5401

Last night I received a phone call from the head of the bikur cholim organization in my neighborhood, asking if I could visit an elderly woman on Shabbos morning. After finishing the conversation, I remarked to my husband how impressed I was with this woman. It is not an easy task to phone people on a daily basis, asking them to do a favor, and she is not being remunerated for her activities. She accepted the position of head of the organization, concomitant with all the headaches and responsibilities it entails, solely for the purpose of doing a mitzvah. When I had to take over for two weeks the job of soliciting car rides for elderly women to reach a shiur, my stomach was in knots as I made the phone calls.
Last week, I was at a Chanukah party when the lights suddenly went off. Chaverim were called and, within minutes, the electricity was restored.
Below is a post of Chaverim members helping someone dig out of the snow.
So this post is a salute to the doers, may there be more of them. We owe them all a tremendous sense of appreciation. Hopefully, more of us will join the doers category, accepting upon ourselves what we are capable of.
And now, I am off to visit a woman in the old age home. Enough blogging for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment