בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



22 Sept 2009

Spurious conclusions

The other night, I drove my son to a doctor's appointment. Being a bit pressed for time, I quickly maneuvered out of the garage, adjusted my seatbelt and we were on our way. As I turned the corner, a number of men were exiting a social hall. They seemed a bit unruly and I became nervous when one of them stepped into the road and began gesticulating to me.
"Did he make a rude gesture at you?" my son asked incredulously. "No," I replied. "He was just gesturing to me that I had forgotten to put on my headlights."
How quick we are to jump to conclusions and ready to judge people in a bad light, when, actually, things might not always be according to what they seem.
Yesterday I got an email with a video link about someone who has been the subject of a spurious email which has been making its way through the net for a number of years. In the link below, the man categorically denies what he is being accused of.
So, let's not jump to wrong conclusions and listen to the other side's explanation. A lot of misunderstandings might be cleared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment