בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



7 Jul 2009

The right thing

The other day, I was walking on the street when I saw a woman backing out of a parking spot. With her cell phone cradled next to her ear, she was oblivious to the irate man who banged on the trunk of her car to get her attention. Apparently, in backing out of her parking space, her car had grazed the car behind her. The owner of the parked car had witnessed the incident and was now demanding that the woman driver should wait for the police.
I must admit, I saw no damage to the parked car. It is an incident that plays itself out countlessly throughout the day, when a car is squeezed in too tightly in a parking space and nudges the car behind. I thought the owner of the parked car was making a mountain out of a molehill and couldn't understand how he placed such an inordinate feeling of affection for his car, an inanimate object, which had sustained damage invisible to the naked eye.
This morning, I came across a video where a driver does damage a parked car, with no witnesses around. To watch the video, click on the link below.
It got me thinking. What would I have done in the driver's place? Hopefully, I would have done the right thing. But, I can't say for sure and that's what scares me.
A Hitchhiker's Guide to a Better Life

No comments:

Post a Comment