בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



8 Jun 2009

Sort of god



Thanks to Atlas Shrugs for making me aware of this video.

Dear Mr. Evans,
I caught some of what you had to say the other day about President Obama. When you said that he was some sort of god, I was jolted wide awake.
I would like to invite you to a Judaism 101 course that I am organizing just for you. I will begin by explaining that Jews recite myriad blessings throughout the day. The first three words of the blessings are "Baruch Atah Hashem - Blessed are you, Oh Lord". Note that the first word isn't Barack but rather Baruch. In other words, Jews don't recite "Barack atah Hashem - Barack (Hussein Obama), you are Oh Lord, but rather Blessed are you Oh Lord".
Admission to the course is free. All you have to do to gain entrance to the course is to recite the first two commandments with conviction.
1. I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery.
2. Do not have any other gods before me.
In other words, there is only one G-d. No human being can be a god or a sort of god.

Dear Prime Minister Netanyahu,
As you announced that you are going to make a speech about peace during the coming week, I am sure you are faced with pressures from all sides. The left wing wants you to say one thing, the right wing wants you to say the opposite. The Americans are expecting to hear about concessions, as too are the Arab states.

I would respectfully request you to consider whose opinion matters the most. As you recite the words that have been scripted for you, ask yourself one thing. Will Hashem be happy with what I have to say?
Wishing you much success in your endeavours and, with G-d's help, you will make the right choices.

1 comment:

  1. B"H

    Shalom Devorah, what about the Gemara in Baba Basra 75b where it is written that tzadikim are called by the name Hashem (in the future...)?

    ReplyDelete