בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



4 Jun 2009

Constructive criticism

The following text is part of an interview in the New York Times between Adam Bryant and Dany Levy, founder of DailyCandy.com.
"Q. What was your approach when you first started managing people?
A. I joke sometimes that everything I needed to know about management I learned from working with emotionally disturbed kids, which I did for two summers. I don’t mean this in a negative way or derogatory way. But there are some basic principle human skills that I learned about this, like the criticism sandwich -- praise, constructive criticism, praise."
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/business/31corner.html

I found Ms. Levy used the right approach when delivering criticism. Sandwich it between words of praise. And for those on the receiving end of constructive criticism, here is a quote from an unknown source that I stumbled upon.

"Don't mind criticism. If it is untrue, disregard it; if unfair, keep from irritation; if it is ignorant, smile; if it is justified it is not criticism, learn from it."

No comments:

Post a Comment