בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



13 May 2009

Time for a miracle

The previous post contains a video with inspiring quotes. The first quote is from Albert Einstein.

"There are only two ways to live your life.
One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as though everything is a miracle."


I was reminded of the above quote when I read an article about Farrah Fawcett, a famous American actress who is gravely ill with cancer.

"..Farrah Fawcett, looking gaunt and exhausted, vowed to keep fighting the cancer's that slowly killing her and appealed to higher powers for a "miracle" cure.
"I want to stay alive," a weakened Fawcett said. "So I say to God, because it is after all, in his hands. It is seriously time for a miracle."


http://www.nypost.com/seven/05132009/tv/farrah_fawcett__its_time_for_a_miracle_169084.htm

In the end, Ms. Fawcett realizes that her life is in G-d's hands. Let's realize this from the onset of our lives. This morning, I said "Modeh Ani" with a greater sense of appreciation. "I offer thanks before you, living and eternal King, for You have mercifully restored my soul within me; Your faithfulness is great."

This week, I read an article in which the author stated that the way you say your morning prayers affects your entire day. Since I have read this statement, I find that my morning prayers have been different. I take extra time to say the prayers, and try to recite them with joy and gratitude, hoping those feelings will accompany me throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment