בס׳ד

"Where does it say that you have a contract with G-d to have an easy life?"

the Lubavitcher Rebbe



"Failure is not the enemy of success; it is its prerequisite."

Rabbi Nosson Scherman



18 Feb 2009

I hope He is happy with me

Two days ago, a relative of mine was on a flight with an elderly gentleman whom she recognised from the neighborhood. Since they were seated next to each other, they began to converse. The man told my sister-in-law that he was on the flight because he was on his way to his grandson's wedding, due to take place the following evening. My sister-in-law wished him a hearty mazal tov and "a sach mehr yahren of simchos"(many more years of happy occasions). The man replied, "I don't have many more years. But all I can say is when I get up there,(pointing his finger upwards) I hope that He is as pleased with me as I am with Him".
This man had not had an easy life. For one, he was a holocaust survivor. Moreover, he had a sickly grandchild. But, in his waning years, he focused on how happy Hashem had made him and how he hoped he would find favor in His eyes.
May we all be zocheh to find favor in His eyes.

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and may we all be zocheh to have the wisdom, faith and presence of mind to be pleased with Him in all life's circumstances...

    ReplyDelete